Supporting your organisation in drafting of bespoke Legionella Management Policies
We can support your organisation in drafting and advising on bespoke Legionella Management Policy which provides clear and unambiguous statements for precautions and remedial action across your portfolio of properties.
If you are an owner of multiple sites your reaction to advice provided through assessment of individual sites can become inconsistent without an over-arching specific Legionella management policy in place, providing a framework and rationale for reacting to advice across your portfolio.
Creating complaint and robust policies/procedures for your Legionella management can provide confidence that hazards are being considered and managed proportionately whilst you can still reduce the time and financial burden of managing the hazards onsite.
We will carry out thorough and impartial audit of management, procedures, paperwork and performance monitoring of all personnel including any appointed contractors, to consider areas of the Legionella Policy and Procedures including:
- Management structure and policies
- An assessment of responsible persons competency
- Management and process documentation (SOP’s, RAMS’s etc.)
- Record Keeping and Log-Book systems
- Pre-planned maintenance (PPM) and Remedial Works
- Risk assessment evaluation
- Training of Staff
SMS will undertake a full audit of scheme precautions reporting on its effectiveness and identifying any changes that may be necessary to ensure that it is operating at its fullest, most robust and within legal limits.
The policies/procedures will:
- Set out a clear framework to protect all staff and visitors by minimising the risks associated with water hygiene.
- Establish low impact practical policies around hazards identified during the risk assessment process.
- Identify the correct practice for water safety and controls for staff to implement based upon nationally accepted guidance.
- Enable staff to understand their responsibilities in relation to these policies documents and the water safety plan.
- Create arrangements for ensuring these Policies are monitored and reviewed to reflect current legislation and guidance.