With many organisations now controlling internal environments through HVAC systems, a fully maintained HVAC system is essential to ensure the efficiency and safe operation of plant, as well as providing clean air, which is fundamental for the health and well-being of the building occupants.
Indoor air quality is influenced by two major components: the amount and quality of outdoor air getting in and indoor sources of pollutant emissions.
A sustainable environment is a common theme in many organisations’ strategy plans with the objectives of efficiently managing energy usage and facilitating carbon emission reduction in buildings.
How we can help
Our expert teams are on hand to provide planned preventative maintenance, reactive service, validation, design and installation works for all of the air conditioning, refrigeration and process cooling plant and systems.
SMS Environmental offer the following expert air hygiene services:
- Coil cleaning
- Fungal and microbiological sampling
- HVAC service and maintenance
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) performance / energy audit reports (CIBSE)
- Inspection and fogging (disinfection) regimes
- Kitchen extract cleans in accordance with TR19
- Mechanical duct cleaning
- Ventilation System Testing, Monitoring and Ductwork cleaning (TR19)
- Ventilation System Condition Surveys (TR19)
- AHU service, maintenance and deep cleaning
How We Ensure Legal Compliance
All of our processes will ensure legal compliance and provide a safe environment, as well as optimize and improve the overall efficiency and long-term running of air handling systems and associated plant. We comply with the British Standards and our methods adhere to TR19, published by the Building Engineering Services Association (BESA), previously known as HVCA.
- Ensure your property remains compliant and fire-risk-free
- Provide comprehensive air quality reports
- Manage plant and ensure longevity of your systems
- Minimise ill-health and take care of the safety and wellbeing of the users of your building
Our services are compliant with:
- The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992: Regulation 5 (1), 6 (33)
- The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (as amended)
- HVCA TR19 Guide to Good Practice Internal Cleanliness of Ventilation Systems
- The Occupiers Liability Act (1984)